Skip to main content
6: Beliefs, Values, and Cultural Universals
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- What are the five questions that every society must answer, according to Kluckhohn and Strodtbeck? Identify the three potential responses to each question.
- List and define Hofstede’s six dimensions of culture. Choose two national cultures that interest you. Compare and contrast them using Hofstede’s model.
- Identify four problems that critics have identified with Hofstede’s theory.
- Do you think it is possible to identify national values, or do you think values differ significantly from person to person and place to place? Explain.
- 6.1: Value Orientations Theory
- 6.2: Hofstede’s dimensions of culture theory
- 6.3: Critique of Hofstede’s theory
- 6.4: Final reflection