- Differentiate between research time and speech preparation time.
- Understand how to establish research needs before beginning research.
- Explain the difference between academic and nonacademic sources.
- Identify appropriate nonacademic sources (e.g., books, special-interest periodicals, newspapers and blogs, and websites).
- Identify appropriate academic sources (e.g., scholarly books, scholarly articles, computerized databases, and scholarly information on the web).
- Evaluate George’s (2008) six questions to analyze sources.