- Understand what style is.
- Know which academic disciplines you are more likely to use, American Psychological Association (APA) versus Modern Language Association (MLA) style.
- Cite sources using the sixth edition of the American Psychological Association’s Style Manual.
- Cite sources using the seventh edition of the Modern Language Association’s Style Manual.
- Explain the steps for citing sources within a speech.
- Differentiate between direct quotations and paraphrases of information within a speech.
- Understand how to use sources ethically in a speech.
- Explain twelve strategies for avoiding plagiarism.