Skip to main content
13: New Media and Interpersonal Communication
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Relay pertinent key terms that help explain the emergence of masspersonal communication.
- Distinguish between mass media and new media.
- Bridge the conceptual gap between the theories presented earlier in the book, and those presented in the next module by providing some context on what a new media environment means for interpersonal communication.
- Understand the evolution of academic thought regarding interpersonal communication in the new media environment.
- Understand the concept of masspersonal communication.
- Appreciate key ways that masspersonal communication has altered our interpersonal communication practices.
- Achieve fluency with key terms related to masspersonal communication.
- Master their own uses of masspersonal communication.
- 13.1: CMC, New Media, and Masspersonal Communication
- 13.2: Masspersonal Communication in Practice