Skip to main content
11.5: What Synthesis Helps You Do
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- The news – what happened? What is the point of this story?
- The context of the news – what is the relevant setting or background that helps explain this news event or issue? Why are we telling this story here and now?
- The angle or focus of the story — what do you want the audience to take away?
- The significance of the story – why does this story matter? What does this story have to say about life, the world and the times we live in?
- The strategic goal for the message – what strategy are we pursuing with this message? How does this message help us reach our strategic goal?
- The target audience for the message — who will we target and how will we reach them?
- The unique selling proposition – what are we selling (product, service, idea, point of view) and how is it unique? What might some creative strategies be?
- The context for the message – what else does the audience know and how do we respond to that?