Skip to main content
5.1: Learning Objectives and Key Terms
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Explain the three levels of the ethics pyramid and how they might be used in evaluating the ethical choices of a public speaker or listener.
- Apply the National Communication Association (NCA) Credo for Ethical Communication to the context of public speaking.
- Apply ethics to your public speaking preparation process.
- Describe free speech as outlined in the First Amendment to the US Constitution and how free speech relates to other guaranteed freedoms.
- Discuss patterns of media ownership, the relationship of media and globalization, and the effects of diversity (or lack thereof) or media representations.
- Employ media-literacy skills to evaluate media messages.
- Ethical Pyramid
- Free Speech
- Media Convergence
- Media Imperialism
- Media Literacy
- Social Learning Theory