Skip to main content
13.1: Learning Objectives and Key Terms
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define persuasion.
- Define ethos, logos, and pathos.
- Explain the barriers to persuading an audience.
- Construct a clear, reasonable proposition for a short classroom speech.
- Compose an outline for a well-supported persuasive speech using an appropriate organizational pattern such as Monroe’s Motivated Sequence.
- Analyze the audience to determine appropriate emotional and personal appeals.
- Cognitive Dissonance
- Mental Dialogue
- Monroe’s Motivated Sequence
- Selective Exposure
- Target Audience
- Two-Tailed Arguments