Skip to main content
5.6: Chapter Exercises
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Do you think John’s e-mail to Fatima expressed unethical audience analysis? Why or why not?
- How do you think Fatima should proceed?
- George wants to persuade his audience to purchase more locally produced foods. He decides he needs to know how his audience members already feel about this topic and whether they know about locally produced options. George’s audience analysis focuses on gathering
- demographic information
- psychographic information
- situational information
- statistical information
- religious information
- Freya wants to give her classroom an informative speech on the dangers of drunk driving. You suggest that this might not be a good topic because the audience of college students probably
- will not understand the topic
- will not be interested in drinking
- are not culturally diverse
- do not believe in drinking because of their religious background
- already know a lot about the topic
- Yukhi will be giving a speech at the local Elks Lodge in a few weeks and wants to know more about her audience. She decides to attend one of the group’s meetings so she gets a sense of what the group does and who its members are. Yukhi is engaging in which method of audience analysis?
- focus group
- direct observation