- Explain how climate and human habitation are related and distinguish between the main climate types.
- Explain the dynamics of tectonic plates and their relationship to earthquakes and volcanic activity.
- Outline the main causes of and problems with deforestation. Explain the relationship between deforestation and climate change.
- Point out where the rain shadow effect takes place and explain why it occurs in those places and how it may influence human activity.
- Understand how climate change occurs and the relationship between greenhouse gasses such as carbon dioxide and the planet’s temperature regulation.