Skip to main content
11: Ethics and Legal Issues in Education
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify the importance of ethics and the ethical practices of teachers.
- Recognize the responsibilities of teachers as role models.
- Determine individual values and code of ethics in becoming a teacher.
- Compare the New York State Code of Ethics for Educators with the National Education Association (NEA) Code of Ethics.
- Explain why integrity is an essential disposition for teachers.
- Identify liability of teachers concerning copyright laws, mandated reporting and academic freedom.
- Explain the FERPA law
- Identify landmark legal cases in education and their importance in students’ rights in schools.
Teachers as Professional Role Models
- 11.1: Ethics
- 11.2: Integrity
- 11.3: References
- Foundations of Education. Authored by: SUNY Oneonta Education Department. License: CC BY: Attribution