Skip to main content
5: Developmentally, Culturally, and Linguistically Appropriate Classroom Environments, Materials, and Approaches
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Discuss developmentally appropriate practices.
- Describe strategies to create culturally responsive early childhood education environments.
- Evaluate the diversity of children’s books.
- Identify how the importance of play relates to developmentally appropriate practices.
- Compare and contrast different methods for teaching children about different cultures.
- Outline practices for effectively working with culturally and linguistically diverse families.
- Discuss perspectives on celebration of holidays in early childhood education programs.
- 5.1: Introduction
- 5.2: Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- 5.3: Curriculum in Multicultural Classrooms
- 5.4: Approaches to the Environment and Culturally Responsiveness
- 5.5: The Role of Diversity in Early Childhood Programs across the Globe
- 5.6: Suggestions for Your Program and Classrooms
- 5.7: Summary