Skip to main content
21.6: What is extended learning with technology tools?
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Bring experts into the classroom virtually.
- Skype, Google Hangout, with pen pals from across the globe so students are able to learn new languages, and learn new cultural norms from other students.
- Livestream to connect with literacy experts, such as a favorite author.
- Social studies: students collaborating with others using Minecraft
- If you would like to watch videos of teachers in the field, talk about how they extend learning with technology, go to www.edx.org , search for “Leading Ambitious Teaching and Learning”, and enroll in the MOOC.Reflect on your own teaching with technology, look for evidence that demonstrates extended learning.
- Does the technology help the learners connect classroom learning to their everyday lives.
- Is the technology helping to connect the prior knowledge and interest of the students in the classroom learning, and then bridging that back to their everyday lives?