Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Recognize the beauty, value, and contribution of each child and their family.
- Teach children to respect others’ cultures as well as their own.
- Talk to children about racism and current events regularly.
- Assist children in functioning successfully in a multicultural society.
- Increase children’s opportunities to talk and play with diverse people.
- Encourage children to experience in positive ways both their differences as culturally diverse people and their similarities as human beings.
- Help children notice and do something about unfair behavior and events.
- Help children who are affected by racism develop a positive self-esteem.