Skip to main content
3: Introducing Supply and Demand
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 3.1: Demand
- In general, the law of demand states that the quantity demanded and the price of a good or service is inversely related, other things remaining constant.
- 3.2: Supply
- The law of supply states that there is a positive relationship between the quantity that suppliers are willing to sell and the price level.
- 3.3: Market Equilibrium
- When a market achieves perfect equilibrium there is no excess supply or demand, which theoretically results in a market clearing.
- 3.4: Government Intervention and Disequilibrium
- Governments intervene in markets when they inefficiently allocate resources.