|What do I need to learn? (Planning)
- What are the Learning Objectives for this class?
- What do I already know about this topic?
- What are the concepts I need to master before my next test?
- What do I want to learn about this topic?
- How do I distinguish important information from the details?
|How am I going to learn the material? (Planning)
- How can I integrate textbook reading with lecture notes?
- What active learning strategies will support my learning?
- Will I study alone or with a study group?
- What charts or visuals will help me reorganize or process this material?
- What memory strategies can I use to remember key words and concepts?
- How can I connect with my instructor in office hours?
|How am I doing at learning this material? (Monitoring)
- What concepts do I understand well?
- What concepts are still confusing for me?
- Can I explain the material to someone else without referring to notes?
- Can I create and answer self-testing questions about these concepts?
- What other strategies could I use to learn this material?
- Am I using the supports available to me (e.g. office hours, tutors)?
- How can I make this material more personally relevant to me?
|Did I learn the material effectively? (Evaluation)
- To what extent did I meet the Learning Objectives for this unit?
- What in my exam preparation worked well?
- What in my exam preparation did not go well? What do I want to change?
- How did my exam answer compare with the suggested answer? What key components did I miss?
- How will what I have learned help me in my next courses?