Skip to main content
12: Goals of Developmental Science
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 12.1: What are the goals of developmental science?
- 12.2: Description of Human Development- What does it mean to describe human development?
- 12.3: What does it mean to describe qualitative changes in development?
- 12.4: How can the description of stability be part of the goals of developmental science?
- 12.5: Explanation of Human Development- How is the explanation of development different from its description?
- 12.6: Why do developmentalists need to explain stability?
- 12.7: What is meant by explanations of differential patterns of stability and change?
- 12.8: Optimization of Human Development- How does optimization of human development differ from explanation?
- 12.9: Conclusion- How do these three goals of developmental science fit together?
- 12.10: References