Skip to main content
14: Understanding a Theory
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 14.1: What are the steps to “understanding a theory”?
- 14.2: Why does understanding start with articulating the “theoretical question”?
- 14.3: What is meant by “theoretical context”?
- 14.4: What are the key constructs of the theory and their definitions?
- 14.5: What is the target phenomenon and what is its developmental trajectory?
- 14.6: What are the parts of “explanation”?
- 14.7: What are the parts of a theory that focus on optimization?
- 14.8: What happens next-- “beyond understanding”?
- 14.9: Is it really necessary to draw theories?