Skip to main content
8.6: Matching question and design
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify which research designs may be useful for answering your research question
- Surveys: online, phone, mail, in-person
- Experiments: classic, pre-experiments, quasi-experiments
- Interviews: in-person or phone
- Focus groups
- Historical analysis
- Content analysis
- Secondary data analysis
- Program evaluation
- Action research
- The design you choose should follow from the research question you ask.
- Research design will determine what the researchers and participants do during the project.