- What social movement security culture is
- Why security culture is essential to digital security
- Share information on a need-to-know basis.
- If you are organizing with others, get to know your group members as well as possible.
- Avoid gossip and rumors.
Security Culture Meets Digital Security
Need to Know: Minimize Information Sharing and Digitizing
Get to Know: Vetting and Trust Building
Don’t Gossip or Spread Rumors
In Context: Saint Paul Principles
- Our solidarity will be based on respect for a diversity of tactics and the plans of other groups.
- The actions and tactics used will be organized to maintain a separation of time or space.
- Any debates or criticisms will stay internal to the movement, avoiding any public or media denunciations of fellow activists and events.
- We oppose any state repression of dissent, including surveillance, infiltration, disruption and violence. We agree not to assist law enforcement actions against activists and others.