Skip to main content
4: Critiques and Debates
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 4.1: Introduction
- 4.2: Is everything that's called a capability genuinely a capability?
- 4.3: Should we commit to a specific list of capabilities?
- 4.4: Why not use the notion of needs?
- 4.5: Does the capability approach only address the government?
- 4.6: Is the capability approach too individualistic?
- 4.7: What about power and political economy?
- 4.8: Is the capability approach a liberal theory?
- 4.9: Why ‘human development' is not the same idea
- 4.10: Can the capability approach change welfare economics?
- 4.11: Taking stock