Skip to main content
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define triangulation.
- Provide an example of triangulation.
- Understand the benefits of triangulation.
- Triangulation refers to using multiple research strategies in a single research project.
- Triangulation allows researchers to take advantage of the strengths of various methods and at the same time work to overcome some of each method’s weaknesses.
- Select one of the potential research topics you identified while reading Chapter 4. Discuss how you might study the topic if triangulation were your goal.
- Working with the same topic in mind, find two different sociological studies of the same topic. How do the two studies complement each other? Are there ways in which the weaknesses in one study are overcome in the other?