What are the types of resources that have been used to build this course/book?
Catherine Anderson's Essentials of Linguistics
I've taken information from a couple of other textbooks and adapted it into my lecture notes. They are commonly used textbooks--and very expensive.
- Introduction to Language by Robert Rodman, Victoria Fromkin, and Nina Hyams
- Language Files from the Ohio State University Linguistics Department
- How Languages Work: An Introduction to Language and Linguistics, edited by Carol Genetti
- Various articles, as listed at the end of each chapter
- Various YouTube videos, especially from Anthony Pym (sociolinguistics)