EXAMPLE SPEAKING OUTLINE (Excluding Introduction and Conclusion)
- Background and Family
- First Generation American
- Older Brother
- Married to Scott
- Two Children
- My mom
Internal Summary/Preview: Now that you know a little about my background and family, let me tell you about my special hobby.
- In my spare time, I have a hobby that centers on party planning.
- All the china, crystal, etc. I own
- Parties I have thrown.
- Possible business someday
Internal Summary/Preview: So, now that you know about my background and family, and my special hobby, let me tell you about one of the scariest and saddest events in my young adult life.
- At the age of 19, I learned that a “friend” of my brother and our family, was more than he professed to be.
- Secret about Paul (his background, who he was, what he had done, how he was caught)
- Don’t judge a book by its cover.