Skip to main content
5: The Governance and Finance of American Public Education
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe how public schools are financed
- Identify the governmental agencies and how NYS public education financed
- Identify other School Options (Charter, Magnet, Online)
- New York State spends approximately $24,000 to educate each student a year. If you attended a New York State Public school do you think you received a $24,000 education each year? Yes or No and why?
- What are your thoughts on the amount of money NYS spends on each pupil per year?
- What should be the criteria for how money is allocated per school district? Who do you think should determine the amount of money allocated per school?
- If you oversaw the New York State Education budget what is one specific area you would improve and why?
- 5.1: Financing Public Education
- 5.2: Other School Options (Charter, Magnet)
- 5.3: References
- Foundations of Education. Authored by: SUNY Oneonta Education Department. License: CC BY: Attribution