Skip to main content
4.1: Introduction to Infancy
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Summarize overall physical growth during infancy.
- Describe the growth of the brain during infancy.
- Contrast development of the senses in newborns.
- Compare gross and fine motor skills and give examples of each.
- Explain the merits of breastfeeding.
- Discuss nutritional concerns of marasmus and kwashiorkor.
- List and describe the six substages of sensorimotor intelligence.
- Describe stages of language development during infancy.
- Define babbling, holophrasic speech, and overregularization.
- Contrast styles of attachment.
- Discuss the importance of temperament and goodness of fit.
- Describe self-awareness, stranger wariness, and separation anxiety.
- Use Erikson’s theory to characterize psychosocial development during infancy.