Skip to main content
1: Introduction to Competent Communication
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 1.1: Why Study Communication?
- Learning about communication can help you communicate with more intention, resulting in the potential for improving your performance in your other courses, building stronger relationships, and accomplishing your career goals.
- 1.2: The Process of Communication
- Competent communication begins with an understanding of what communication is and how it works.
- 1.3: Becoming a Competent Communicator
- To communicate competently and professionally, you must fulfill certain responsibilities. Your audience will expect you to fulfill these responsibilities, and you must be certain you do not disappoint them. The specific expectations may change given the context or environment, but certain basic obligations will remain: you must always be prepared; clear; concise and punctual, and ethical.
- 1.4: Creating Success Through Growth Mindset
- A growing body of educational research shows that individuals who are most successful in the classroom, at work, and in their personal lives have a growth mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset.
- 1.5: Review