Skip to main content
1.2.9: Summary Example- Holism in Anthropology, Sickle Cell Anemia and Malaria
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- History of the gin and tonic
- Exploring the use of fetal hemoglobin as a treatment for sickle cell anemia
- A 360º VR 3D video [you need VR goggles] on malaria, and how to prevent it:
- Now that you understand natural selection, why are pesticides, malaria killing drugs, and a new insect repellent not as good in the long term as a new vaccine for malaria and a campaign to provide mosquito nets?
- What could go wrong with a genetically modified mosquito?
- People with Sickle Cell Trait may suffer during heavy exertion, and have been discriminated against because of their condition, and there is debate in sports and different branches of the US military as to whether to keep their condition confidential to protect them from discrimination, or publicize their condition to * protect them from the health risks.
- Read through the Nothing but Nets website, or Against Malaria, and take action to support providing mosquito nets to people from areas with endemic malaria.
- sickle cell anemia
- Plasmodium falciparum