Skip to main content
7.1: Introduction to Chapter 7
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Although play is a common topic, people think of many different things when they hear the word play and describing it is complex.
- Play supports children’s development in all domains.
- There are several types of play.
- Some children struggle with playing, by themselves and/or with others.
- Intrinsic: within a person
- Extrinsic: outside of a person
- Receptive language: understanding what is being said
- Expressive language: talking and communicating in a way that others understand the intended meaning