Skip to main content
4: Contrasting Theories: Attachment
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 4.1: What is Ainsworth’s conceptual question and theoretical context?
- 4.2: What are Ainsworth’s key constructs and target phenomenon?
- 4.3: What are the antecedents, consequences, and mechanisms in Ainsworth’s theory?
- 4.4: What are the optimization implications of Ainsworth’s theory of attachment?
- 4.5: What are the meta-theoretical assumptions of Ainsworth’s theory of attachment?
- 4.6: Why do we need to learn about Gerwitz’s theory of attachment?
- 4.7: How do we draw Gewirtz’s theory of attachment?
- 4.8: Why are the theories of Bowlby, Gewirtz, and Ainsworth so very different?