Skip to main content
6.7: Homo erectus
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Eugene Dubois found the first Homo erectus on the island of Java in Indonesia.
- Classic Zhoukoudian fossils were found near Beijing, and they were originally sold in apothecary shops as "dragon bones"
- Article on very early Homo erectus in China
- Tautavel man from Arago Cave
- Article on Skull 5: variations within the Dmanisi suggest that all hominids can be lumped into Homo erectus
- Article on Dmanisi toothpick use
Acheulian Tool Industry