- Undocumented immigrants continue to fight for citizenship and find natural allies in the community members they have built social connections with.
- Black Lives Matter formed in 2014 in response to the vigilante violence that killed Trayvon Martin and has grown to incorporate a wider critique of the racist criminal justice system and systemic racism and anti-blackness in the U.S. and around the world.
- Indigenous rights and sovereignty are intertwined with environmental justice causes.
- White supremacists continue to pose the greatest threat to public safety in the 21st century and the threats are amplified by internet communications and widening wealth inequality.
- Multi-racial solidarity remains the key to combating racism and economic oppression.