- Examine five strategies for obtaining and engaging with networking contacts
- Develop relationships with new contacts to enhance your career
- Find information about five companies or people in your field of interest, and follow them on Twitter.
- Get an account at four social media sites that you’ve not yet been active with that may enhance your career.
- Find names of three people who interest you (peruse magazine articles, online sites, or other resources), and write an email to them explaining your interests and any requests you may have for information.
- Sign up for newsletters from two professional organizations in a field you want to know more about.
- Find and attend one in-person or online event within a month.
- Now write about this experience at one of your social media sites.
CC licensed content, Original
- College Success. Authored by: Linda Bruce. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution