- Describe threats to nonhuman primates
- Research an endangered nonhuman primate species
- Develop a public-facing conservation poster for the selected species
- Access to internet
- Student worksheet
- Dinsmore, Mary, et al. 2019. Appendix B: Primate Conservation. Explorations.
- This project can be done individually or in groups, and completed in-person or online.
- Students will select an endangered nonhuman primate species to research.
- Students will research the species, its ecology, threats to its survival, and steps humans can take to protect it.
- Students will develop a poster, intended for the general public, that clearly communicates the ecological significance of the species and conservation strategies.
- Posters may be displayed in class or on the course site.
- What are some anthropogenic causes of nonhuman primate endangerment and extinction?
- What are the most impactful ways humans can protect nonhuman primate species?
- Discuss nonhuman primate conservation efforts and their importance.
Adapting for Online Learning
Primate Conservation Worksheet
- the species’ main physical and behavioral characteristics;
- its habitat and role(s) within the local ecology;
- specific anthropogenic threats to its survival;
- steps humans can take to protect the species.