Skip to main content
10: Theories of Relational Communication
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define a theory.
- Differentiate between theories that explain interpersonal interaction.
- Apply interpersonal communication theory propositions to real life scenarios.
- Explain how communication affects relationship development.
- Describe how uncertainty impacts our communication.
- Articulate how communication changes during different relationship stages.
- Describe the importance of affectionate communication in relationship interactions.
- Explain how interaction expectations affect interpersonal communication.
- Discuss how individuals manage private information in their everyday interactions.
- Discuss how our communication reflects tensions experienced in interpersonal relationships.
- Identify helpful elements of supportive communication.
- Describe the stages of relationship dissolution.
- 10.1: Relationship Development
- 10.2: Relationship Interactions
- 10.3: Relationship Challenges