Skip to main content
14.5: Chapter Exercises
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Did Sam treat the audience with respect?
- Name several things Sam should have done differently.
- What would you do if you were Sam’s instructor?
- According to Albert Mehrabian, which is the correct breakdown for how humans interpret a speaker’s message?
- 55 percent face, 38 percent vocalics, and 7 percent words
- 93 percent face, 7 percent vocalics, and 0 percent words
- 40 percent face, 40 percent vocalics, and 20 percent words
- 7 percent face, 55 percent vocalics, and 38 percent words
- 38 percent face, 7 percent vocalics, and 55 percent words
- Darlene is preparing a speech for her public speaking class. She goes to the library and does her research. She then prepares a basic outline and creates five notecards with basic ideas to use during her speech. What type of delivery is Darlene using?
- Which form of vocalics is concerned with the highness or lowness of someone’s speech?
- In his speech on landscape architecture, Jimmy uses the word “yaad” instead of the word “yard.” What type of articulation problem does Jimmy exhibit?
- Which of the following is a recommendation for creating and using notes during a speech?
- Include only key words to trigger your memory.
- Read from your notes as much as possible.
- Never show your notes to your audience.
- Write in small letters on your notes so that your audience can’t see them.
- Do not rehearse with your notes or your delivery will become “stale.”
- Effective speech delivery can be summed up in which term?
- physical manipulation
- conversational quality