Skip to main content
1.4: Data Collection and Analysis
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Conduct an investigation on unobtrusive and obtrusive observations. Describe each research approach and explain how data is observed and collected.
- What is the difference between obtrusive and unobtrusive observations?
- Explain the positive aspects of applying an observational research approach to examine human social life.
- Explain the negative aspects of applying an observational research approach to examine human social life.
- Describe how a public sociologist and an applied sociologist would use observational research in her or his job to assess and solve social problems.