I have designed this brief textbook for use in a Sociology survey course for Minority Studies; thus, it looks at minorities from a very broad but shallow Sociological perspective and includes discussion of race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, aging, and disability. The last section is devoted to expulsion and genocide.
- Front Matter
- 1: Introduction to Minority Studies
- 2: Dominant and Minority Groups
- 3: Race and Ethnicity
- 4: Sex, Gender, and Sexual Orientation
- 5: Aging
- 6: Disability
- 7: Hate Kills - The Consequences of Bigotry
- 8: The Three Sociological Paradigms
- 9: Reading Lists
- 10: Websites of Interest to Students of Sociology
- Back Matter
Thumbnail: The Indian Holi Festival of Colors where people spray colors on others, dance, party; eat festival delicacies. Image used with permission (CC BY-SA 2.0; Steven Gerner).