In this chapter we have discussed group development and several theories. We have discussed group stages of development and their hallmark features. Working in a group can be challenging, but with insight and understanding into the group development process, the effective group communicator can make a positive difference.
- Discuss storming as a stage, how to recognize it and the role it plays in group development.
- Discuss adjournment as a stage, how to recognize it, and the role it plays in group development.
- Select the least important group development stage and discuss why you selected it.
- Select the most important group development stage and discussion why you selected it.
- Conflict is present in all groups. Discuss one positive role of conflict in a group and provide an example.