Skip to main content
10.5: Analysis of Field Research Data
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define analytic field notes and explain how they differ from descriptive field notes.
- Explain why making note of mundane details is a good idea.
- Describe the process by which field researchers analyze their data.
From Description to Analysis
- In analytic field notes, a researcher makes note of impressions about her or his observations.
- Details that may seem unimportant in the moment may turn out to be important during later analysis; it is therefore crucial that field researchers make note of these observations when conducting field research.