- Does these scores surprise you? Why or why not?
- What would you consider the advantages and disadvantages of these styles to be?
- What styles do you think would be most common in adolescence? Early adulthood? Adulthood? Why?
|SD = STRONGLY disagree
||D = Disagree
||N = Neutral
||A = Agree
||SA = STRONGLY agree
- My lover and I were attracted to each other immediately after we first met
- I try to keep my lover a little uncertain about my commitment to him/her.
- It is hard to say exactly where friendship ends and love begins.
- I consider what a person is going to become in life before I commit myself to him/her.
- When things aren’t right with my lover and me, my stomach gets upset.
- I try to always help my lover through difficult times.
- My lover and I have the right physical “chemistry” between us.
- I believe that what my lover doesn’t know about me won’t hurt him/her.
- Genuine love first requires caring for a while.
- I try to plan my life carefully before choosing a lover.
- When my love affairs break up, I get so depressed.
- I would rather suffer myself than let my lover suffer.
- Our lovemaking is very intense and satisfying.
- I have sometimes had to keep two of my lovers from finding out about each other.
- I expect to always be friends with the one I love.
- It is best to love someone with a similar background.
- Sometimes I get so excited about being in love that I can’t sleep.
- I cannot be happy unless I place my lover’s happiness before my own.
- I feel that my lover and I were meant for each other.
- I can get over love affairs pretty easily and quickly.
- The best kind of love grows out of a long friendship.
- A main consideration in choosing a lover is how he/she reflects on my family.
- When my lover doesn’t pay attention to me, I feel sick all over.
- I am usually willing to sacrifice my own wishes to let my lover achieve his/hers.
- My lover and I became emotionally involved rather quickly.
- My lover would get upset if he/she knew of some of the things I’ve done with other people.
- Our friendship merged gradually into love over time.
- An important factor in choosing a partner is whether or not he/she will be a good parent.
- When I am in love, I have trouble concentrating.
- Whatever I own is my lover’s to use as he/she chooses.
- My lover and I really understand each other.
- When my lover gets too dependent on me, I want to back off a little.
- Love is really a deep friendship, not a mysterious, mystical emotion.
- One consideration in choosing a partner is how he/she will reflect on my career.
- I cannot relax if I suspect that my lover is with someone else.
- When my lover gets angry with me, I still love Him/her fully and unconditionally.
- My lover fits my ideal standards of physical beauty/handsomeness.
- I enjoy playing the “game of love” with a number is different partners.
- My most satisfying love relationships have developed from good friendships.
- Before getting very involved with anyone, I try to figure out how compatible his/her hereditary background is with mine in case we ever have children.
- If my lover ignores me for a while, I do stupid things to get his/her attention back.
- I would endure all things for the sake of my lover.
Love Attitude Scale — Scoring Instructions