- Describe the two ways in which groups and organizations play an important role in social change.
- Discuss how whistle-blowing is relevant to a discussion of groups, organizations, and social change.
Vehicles for Social Change
Obstacles to Social Change
Changing Groups and Organizations From Within
- Groups can be vehicles for social change and social reform, but they can also be vehicles for thwarting social change and social reform.
- Whistle-blowing aims at exposing illegal and/or harmful behavior of corporations and other groups and organizations.
For Your Review
- Have you ever disapproved of a policy, behavior, or goal of a group to which you belonged? If so what, if anything, did you do? Explain your answer.
- Do you think an employee for a corporation has the responsibility to become a whistle-blower if the corporation is engaging in illegal and/or harmful behavior? Explain your answer.