Skip to main content
3: Understanding a Theory
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 3.1: What are the steps to “understanding a theory”?
- 3.2: Why does understanding start with articulating the “theoretical question”?
- 3.3: What is meant by “theoretical context”?
- 3.4: What are the key constructs of the theory and their definitions?
- 3.5: What is the target phenomenon and what is its developmental trajectory?
- 3.6: What are the parts of “explanation”?
- 3.7: What are the parts of a theory that focus on optimization?
- 3.8: What happens next-- “beyond understanding”?
- 3.9: Is it really necessary to draw theories?