Skip to main content
9: Lifespan Perspectives
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- 9.1: Lifespan Developmental Perspectives
- 9.21: What was the “traditional” view of development?
- 9.22: Why was the traditional view so appealing?
- 9.3: What did the lifespan perspective offer as an alternative view of development?
- 9.4: What are the key features of the proposition that “development is a life-long process”?
- 9.5: What is the point of “multi-directionality”?
- 9.61: What are the implications of the proposition that development includes both “gains and losses”?
- 9.62: What is meant by the notion of “plasticity”?
- 9.71: What are the implications of the proposition of “historical embeddedness”?
- 9.72: What are the implications of “Contextualism as paradigm”?
- 9.81: Why is the study of development a “multidisciplinary” affair?
- 9.82: Did the lifespan perspective demonstrate that old age is a period of plasticity filled with gains?
- 9.91: What are the most important take-home messages of lifespan developmental perspectives?
- 9.92: What are the most important critiques of lifespan developmental perspectives?