Skip to main content
1: Introduction to Biological Anthropology
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe anthropology and the four subdisciplines.
- Explain the main anthropological approaches.
- Define biological anthropology, describe its key questions, and identify major subfields.
- Explain key components of the scientific method.
- Differentiate between hypotheses, theories, and laws.
- Differentiate science from other ways of knowing.
- 1.1: What is Anthropology?
- 1.2: The Subdisciplines
- 1.3: Anthropological Approaches
- 1.4: What is Biological Anthropology
- 1.5: Anthropologists as Scientists
- 1.6: Ways of Knowing - Science, Faith, and Anthropology
- 1.7: Review Questions
- 1.8: Key Terms
- 1.9: End of Chapter Content