Skip to main content
10.8: Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Describe the climate during the early Pleistocene. Explain why climate is important for understanding the evolution of early Homo.
- List the key anatomical characteristics that are generally agreed to define the genus Homo.
- Why has classification of early Homo fossils proved difficult? What are some explanations for the variability seen in these fossils?
- Compare and contrast the Oldowan and Acheulean tool industries.
- Name some specific behaviors associated with Homo erectus in the areas of tool use, subsistence practices, migration patterns, and other cultural innovations.