Skip to main content
11: Issues in Relationships
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define the concept of family and describe different types of families.
- Describe family roles, rituals and stories and explain how they may vary depending on the type of family.
- Describe dimensions of family based on conversation and conformity orientations.
- Define consensual, pluralistic, protective and laissez-faire families.
- Define the concept of friendship and discuss characteristics that are common to many friendships.
- Describe the basic phases of friendship.
- Explain how Knapp’s relationship model can be used to describe different stages of friendship.
- Discuss potential communication issues that may occur in friendships.
- Define romantic relationships and discuss how this definition has changed over time.
- Describe different couple-types and explain the characteristics of each.
- Describe different ways to select a romantic partner.
- Discuss factors that influence the formation and maintenance of a romantic relationship.
- Describe the reasons why communication is important in the workplace.
- Explain different types of communication in the workplace including, written, verbal and online.
- Describe the basic dynamics of different workplace relationships and types of communication typically employed.
- Discuss communication issues that may occur in the workplace.
- 11.1: Family Relationships
- 11.2: Friendships
- 11.3: Romantic Relationships
- 11.4: Workplace Relationships