Skip to main content
13: Gender Communication
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Understand the difference between sex and gender.
- Identify the multiplicity of feminisms.
- Discuss prominent theories used in the study of gender and communication.
- Identify the major theorists in gender and communication research.
- Identify the various methods used to study gender communication.
- Describe masculine and feminine speaking styles.
- Recognize the impact of gender on nonverbal communication.
- Know the problems with and the future directions of this area of communication studies.
- 13.1: Gender Communication Overview
- 13.2: The Interplay of Sex and Gender
- 13.3: Feminism versus Feminisms
- 13.4: Theories of Gender Development
- 13.5: What Do We Study When We Study Gender Communication?
- 13.6: Are There Really Differences in Gender Communication Styles?
- 13.7: Gender Communication Summary
- 13.8: Gender Communication References