Skip to main content
8.2: Writing a good research question
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify and explain the seven key features of a good research question
- Explain why it is important for social workers to be focused when creating a research question
- It is written in the form of a question
- It is clearly written
- It is not a yes/no
- It has more than one plausible answer
- It considers relationships among multiple variables
- It is specific and clear about the concepts it addresses
- It contains a target population
- A poorly focused research question can lead to the demise of an otherwise well-executed study.
- Research questions should address the needs of a target population.
- Target population- group of people whose needs your study addresses