Skip to main content
2.4: Revisiting an Earlier Question
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Understand how theories and paradigms are relevant to sociological inquiry.
- Understand how different levels of analysis and different approaches such as inductive and deductive can shape the way that a topic is investigated.
- The theory being invoked, and the paradigm from which a researcher frames his or her work, can shape not only the questions asked but also the answers discovered.
- Different levels of analysis lead to different points of focus on any given topic.
- Whether a researcher takes an inductive or deductive approach will determine the process by which he or she attempts to answer his or her research question.