Skip to main content
14.4: It’s Everywhere
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify locations where we might find examples of sociology and sociological research.
- Describe how having a background in sociological research methods is useful for our everyday encounters with sociology.
- Sociological research appears in many areas of our lives and sometimes in unexpected locations.
- Having an understanding of sociological research methods can be of benefit in areas of your life outside of the classroom.
- Find evidence of sociological research in a location where you did not expect to find it or may not have found it if not deliberately seeking it out. Ask two or three of your peers to do the same and then swap stories. Where did you find sociology? How did you find it? What relevance does sociology have to the example that you found? How did your knowledge about research methods help you identify or understand the instance of sociology that you found?